Wave Point Consulting’s logistics strategy consulting practice area is focused on helping firms enhance performance. We develop strategies to maximize shareholder value by enhancing performance to increase net income. Sustained, profitable growth requires focus and leadership on the core business. Research indicates that 70% of CEOs cited a lack of management focus as the prime reason for the lack of sustained growth.
For carriers and shippers to be successful, it is necessary to make an informed forward-looking decision and then act to address challenges or opportunities. Shifting economic and competitive conditions and changing customer requirements are constant pressures shaping and refining your core business needs. Corporate, or business unit, revenue growth depends on a robust assessment of emerging trends, sources of competitive strength and the creation of a set of goals and actionable tactics that can be embraced and communicated across the entire organization. Wave Point Consulting improves and sustains organizational performance by working with clients in the following ways:
- Business restructuring,
- Commercialization initiatives,
- Develop and evaluate alternative strategies based on competitive analysis,
- Educate executive of industry innovations and trends in transportation, logistics, and distribution to improve company margins, or seize opportunities,
- Enhance supply chain resiliency efforts with transport modes and logistics intermediaries.
- Financial/economic analysis,
- Investigate problems, find root causes, and develop solutions that reduce transportation costs, maximize margins and improve safety,
- Strategic direction for integration of road, ocean, and rail improvements.
Wave Point Consulting’s aim is to help small-cap firms, mid-market businesses, and governments make the right choices to enhance the performance of their organization. The typical executive sponsors of the strategy consulting clients we work with are the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer, General Manager, VP Supply Chain, International Logistics Manager, Chief Technical Officer, Director General, National Director, Executive Director, Director Community Economic Development, or Manager of Advancement.
See our Blog Shipping Matters for analysis and discussion of logistics, transportation, and distribution issues that are be driving changes in your sector. Review our case study summaries for examples of how we have helped clients with strategy consulting. Contact us for an initial consultation.