The Wave Point Consulting multi-modal transportation and distribution practice help firms and governments improve efficiency and service quality by proactively adapting to shifting world trade patterns, changing customer requirements, and sustainability expectations. We are focused on lowering costs so clients can get the right product, to the right market, in the right condition, at the right time.
In the freight shipping sector, uncertainty is a major factor facing shippers that rely on their surface transport providers. Rapid change in currency values, capital market outlook, volatility in freight markets, fuel and commodity prices, increases in vessel size, technology, and new environmental initiatives are all having a dramatic impact.
As multi-modal transport and logistics experts, we help port authorities, importers, exports, carriers and terminal operators and governments take informed actions to address the commercial impacts of these changes, improve operational performance and determine infrastructure requirements.
Team members with deep industry experience deliver well researched, expertly considered intelligence and advice through the provision of the following services:
- Asses the effectiveness of current transportation and distribution processes, identify improvements and coordinate change,
- Bulk freight and containerized goods movement analysis and market Intelligence,
- Determine economical traffic patterns and specific routes,
- Evaluate transportation costs and target area that yield improvements and cost savings.
- Feasibility assessments,
- Freight and goods movement analysis,
- Prepare for transportation-related contract negotiations and identification of primary shipments contracts by mode.
- Shipping, transportation and environmental regulatory law/policy,
- Transportation socio-economic studies.
For companies to be successful, making the best freight shipping and passenger transportation decisions is crucial. Our aim is to help small-cap firms, mid-market businesses and governments make the right multi-modal transport choices for their organization to improve efficiency. The typical executive sponsors of the transportation consulting clients we work with are Chief Administrative Officers, Executive Directors, Directors of Transportation, General Manager Logistics and Transportation, Supply Chain Manager, Director of Environmental Services, Innovation and Technology Managers, Economic Development Officers, Regional Growth Strategy Coordinators, Economic Analysis and Policy Managers.
See our Blog Shipping Matters for analysis and discussion of logistics, transportation, and distribution issues that may be driving changes in your sector. Review our case study summaries for examples of how we have helped clients with business development strategy in your industry. Contact us for an initial consultation.